Wednesday 24 June 2015

creative statement

As an artist, I see myself as someone who likes to expose the truth behind what I draw. When drawing, I tend to exaggerate the ugliness of something to make it unsettling. When I draw, I really enjoy drawing in comic book style and sometimes cartoon style. I can draw in great detail and enjoy recreating portraits of people as best I can, although I prefer making features more extreme and caricatured generally. Although I don’t paint as much as I draw, I feel that I can project my imagination better with paints. Problems I face when drawing are usually to do with a lack of colours as I do not use them enough. I take most of my influences from comic artist as I have been inspired by comic book art for most of my life; including Greg Capullo, Frank Miller, Todd MacFarlane, Jim Lee, Mike Mignola, Carlos Esquevera and many others. Cartoons have a large influence on my work as well and I like to incorporate their style into elements of drawings.

No comments:

Post a Comment