Thursday 8 October 2015

THE WORLD I LIVE IN - secondary research


On the top left are comic characters Batman and Superman of whom are relevant to me as they are pop culture icons that often appear in my life. Below them is the character, the joker, I find the character very fun to draw and know alot about him. I have used ink and coloured pen for these studies. Next to him is a drawing of the famous movie Alien. I decided to draw this as it helps show my love for films and practical effects (drawn in pencil). On the top right is a drawing of a scene from the movie, Mad Max fury road (one of my favourite films). I have drawn this in pencil and coloured pencil. Below is a portrait of the singer, Maynard James Keenan from the band, TOOL. I have recently taken alot of inspiration from the band, and the image i have copied is from my favourite live performance of them. The lyrics next to him are from the band's most well known track, Sober. I have drawn this in pencil. The best part about this mood board is the ink in water effect, it reduces the amount of blank space as it binds the background together and separates the drawings to reduce cluster. I regret, however, that there isn't enough room for other inspirations in my life that I wanted to include.

No comments:

Post a Comment