Saturday 16 May 2015

FREEDOM censorship

Being the first A2 sheet I produced and image I looked at, this is the basis for all my project. I wanted to look at censorship and freedom of speech from the start, but after I researched it and found this picture, it immediately had effect on me and made me realize that creating a metaphor for censorship was what I wanted to do. Here I have recreated the original image by Frank Miller the best I can, using ink and coloured ink like in the original. I feel I have achieved a number of similarities to the original drawing in the plasters and body of the woman. The hands however are distracting due to the strokes of the felt tip that I used. The background is also a different black to the ink used on the main figures. In hindsight then, I could have tested the media used before using it to determine whether it was adequate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment