Monday 18 May 2015

FREEDOM censorship 2


I would consider this the sheet linked directly to my final piece, if not part of it. Note: the photograph here was taken before it was finished, the final drawing has a line of black tape across the eyes.
This drawing is simply about a censored face, it isn't as cryptic as some of my pages or A2 sheets. I wanted to maintain simplicity in its concept so I could improve detail in my drawing skills. I have used a picture of my dad because it is original and I could get a detailed photograph. I think that in hindsight I should have added more to the picture as its direct message is vague. This was produced when I had the idea to draw or model something and stick real tape or obstructing material over it, I decided both was the right direction. I have only used pencil to maintain its simplicity and have more details. the detail of the face is good in my opinion and I feel I have drawn the depth and lighting on the face very well. It is better than my model final piece because that has little amount of greater detail, but not better because of what tape was used; the black line could have just been drawn on

No comments:

Post a Comment