Tuesday 26 April 2016

FMP Animal Photos (primary research)

After deciding to focus on the monster, Chimera, for my final piece, I needed photos to work from photographs so the painting or drawing (I haven't decided on the media yet) will have a real life feel to it. The Chimera is made up of three different animals; a lion, a goat and a snake. Here are some of the photos I took -

These pictures were taken at the Yorkshire Wildlife Park. Being the most important part of the Chimera, photos of the lions were my first priority.






The species of goat is an African mountain goat, or Ibex and like the lion, these photos were taken at a zoo.
 
 

Not taken at a zoo like the others, this snake's species is a Royal Python and is my friend's pet.

   

I used these pictures to familiarize myself with the animals I needed to draw by sketching them and using coloured media. Here are some of my studies on mood boards -



No comments:

Post a Comment