Tuesday 26 April 2016

FMP Experimentation

To find the best media possible for my final piece, I decided to do some experimentation. After cutting three MDF boards to A5, I sketched pictures of the animals that make up the Chimera, choosing a different form of media for each to help me see which one works best and which one is most comfortable for me to use.
The lion was painted with gouache and, although quite thick and messy, was easily mixable and dried quickly. Secondly, I painted the goat in acrylic. This had a familiar feel to it but the colours didn't mix as easily as the gouache. The snake was in oil paint, of which I liked the most because of the texture it made and its pallet of colour. After deciding to use oils, I experimented on a canvas to test its effect on a different material. I felt that this was this best way forward, and that it would add to the oil paint to make a good background, as well as a striking foreground.



No comments:

Post a Comment